It only took a few hours for The Z finds an exploit allowing the launch of unsigned code on the PS Vita, following the deployment of the new official update 2.10.
For the moment, nothing says what game is used, neither what flaw will be exploited but those informations should be released very soon. Just wait to see how, and if a game is incriminated, jumped on it before its retirement from all PSN..
Still waiting for a real hack on the Playstation Vita from SONY, we were expecting the new version of the VHBL, that was made compatible with a new exploit discovered on the game Overkill Apache. Our wait ended yesterday, when the developer Wololo has finally released the files to launch the Vita Half Byte Loader!
As a reminder, if you do not follow the news, VHBL is a program that, when run on a console, can launch all kinds of homebrew originally programmed on PSP. This discovery gives you the opportunity to enjoy PSP a bit more by launching emulators, media players or independent games like the excellent Wagic.
1) First of all, download backup changed of the game in question directly on the official website.
Then extract the archive to the folder where your backups are stored PSP
(recall: run the application CMA and locate the line "PSP Saved Data" to find the path.).
2) Run the Content Manager Assistant (CMA) and then connect your PS Vita on your PC.
3)Go back to your PS Vita in The content manager (PC mode> PS Vita) and scroll until arriving in the Applications and then the saved data and finally the saved data from the PSP.
4) Select "Copy", confirm the action and wait a few seconds until the operation is complete.
5) Perfect ! Files are ready, time to run everything !
1) Launch the game first and then wait until you get to the main menu. Instead of starting the game normally, go to the High Score menu.
2) Few lines of codes appear. Wait a few moments ...
Congratulations, you have successfully run the VHBL!
Installation of homebrews :
1)Firstly make sure you have the folder containing all the files from the homebrew.
Right-click on the folder and select "Add to archive".
Be sure to choose the mode "Uncompressed" and name the file
newly created install.zip.
2) Then copy this archive to the backup folder of a PSP game (different from Apache Overkill).
If you don't have any others, go here ici.
3) Then copy this backup to your PS Vita with CMA.
4) Then run VHBL. Navigate to the folder PSP then SAVEDATA to select the game previously installed (if the game in question is "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories" open the file with that name).
The VHBL will then install the files needed for the run of the homebrew. Wait.
5) the homebrew installed, you can now run it in the menu and enjoy it !
The news has just been unveiled on the blog Wololo, this is Apache Overkill who has a vulnerability allowing the launch of unsigned code on the PSP version of the PS Vita. Like all other games containing a vulnerability, it is important to quickly download before it is removed from the PSN Store, certainly within 24 to 48 hours. The game is unfortunately not available in all NHPs, depending on the country.
the vulnerability in the game disclosed below is a user mode exploit in
a PSP game. TomTomDu80 has ported VHBL to this exploit on the vita
firmware 2.06. VHBL does not let you play pirated PSP games, let alone
pirated Vita games. VHBL lets you play a subset of PSP homebrews on your
Vita, including a wide range of oldschool consoles emulators.
Compatibility of VHBL varies depending on the exploit, and I want to
emphasize that I have myself not tested this VHBL port at all. Early
reports I have gotten from beta testers is that the compatibility is
below average compared to other VHBL releases (with a few annoying bugs
such as some crashes when exiting some specific homebrews). As usual,
you buy this game at your own risk and with no explicit guarantee from
me that this will let you do anything else than, well, actually play
The highly anticipated Custom Firmware Emulator from Total_Noob was available since yesterday. This TN-V brings you experience XMB on PS Vita, in development for over six months. The aim was to offer a CFW PSP complete on Vita, and it is now done.
TN-V is compatible with all exploits, but those that enable the launch of ISO are rare, and the next hack would be a VHBL (which therefore bear no TN-V). You will need OFW 6.60 available on LS.
NFO from Total_Noob :
- The whole PSP environment
- Recovery menu and VSH menu (many options to set)
- Support of plugins
- CPU speed changement (makes no sense, as the difference is only minimal )
- Install Addon
- Network update
- 1.50 kernel homebrews compatibility
- Higher homebrews compatibility (VLF homebrews)
- High PSX compatibility (without sound)
- High backups compatibility
- Support of prometheus patched backups
Instructions: (Note: This requires an exploit to use, TN-V is not an exploit itself!)
Search the game which you own in ‘savedatas’ and extract the associated
savedata to ‘\PS Vita\PSAVEDATA\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\’, (The
’XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’ is a bunch of random numbers and letters.)
2. Transfer it to your PS Vita using CMA.
3. Obtain the 6.60 EBOOT (link below!) and copy it to the savedata folder with the name ’660.PBP’
4. Run the exploit game and hold the R trigger while the game is loading the exploited savedata.
5. Once you are in the recovery menu, select: -> Advanced -> Install 6.60 files
6. As original OFW files are needed, this step has to be done. But ONLY ONE TIME.
7. If you are not familiar with the recovery menu, only adjust the settings which are recommended.
8. Enjoy 6.60 TN-V
you’ve found a bug, please either contact Total_Noob or write the
problem in the official /Talk forums topic which is collecting bugs. If
your problem lies on the initializing of the exploit, please report the
debug color which appeared.
* Thanks to Dark_AleX for all his great work since 2005.
* Thanks to frostegater for the wlan kernel exploit.
* Thanks to The_Zett for providing his server.
* Thanks to every developer who provides his game exploit to the scene.
Télécharger CFE 6.60 TN-V
Sony has released the new update 2.06 for its system software version 2.06. Program, some bug fixes and "optimization" of its firmware, but a mandatory update for the user tends to patch vulnerabilities allowing the launch of games on the PSP version of the Vita. Changelog of this update:
Download this system software update for general bug fixes.
An update to the PS Vita system software was released on 12 March 2013. If
you update your PS Vita system, the system software version will be 2.06 and the following features will be updated. A PS Vita system software update is required to use PlayStation Network features and some features on the system. Also, downloading and installing the PS Vita system software update will update your PS Vita system's operating system to include the latest security patches, as well as new and revised applications, features and settings. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software. Main features in system software update version 2.06 System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
A new user mode exploit has been found by /talk user tomtomdu80.
What makes this user mode exploit different from others is that tomtomdu80 was able to port it to VHBL and has gotten quite good homebrew compatibility, not many exploits achieve this. Below is a video showing the exploit.
Before anyone starts saying things like “it’s fake” or “he’s moving the vita away blablabla”, let me tell you two things:
1- I personally confirm this exploit as I’ve tested it myself on my vita
2- he hides the vita in the video to prevent the game from being shown
I know most of you might be expecting a CFW, but lets be realistic for a second, no dev right now has the intention to release a kernel exploit. We would be very lucky if someone releases a user mode exploit to be used with the kernel exploit that got released recently, but once Sony will most likely patch that kernel exploit in the next firmware, we’ll probably have to go back to using VHBL. Let me know your thoughts on this.
- PSX games support
- ISO and CSO support
- NodRm motor to read the decrypted DLC
- MS-SpeedBoost (especially visibleon games such as soul calibur)
- Patch of Stargate game (and patch of most of anti CFW games)
- Main menu customisable
- Plugins support
- Recovery support
- Support of Cache ISO (accelerates ISO games)
Extract the .zip folder corresponding to the region of your PS Vita, then with the help of CMA (Content Manager Assistant from Sony), copy it in savedata folder. Launch UNO and as soon as the game asks you to press X to launch it, do it and eCFW is starting.
Télécharger ARK 2.0x eCFW UNO